Enroll in the free email course and get your first lesson today.
Packed with life-improvement strategies, the free email course will teach you simple and practical ways to identify and eliminate the life gaps preventing you from living your life’s purpose and achieving success in those things that matter most to you.
You will receive one lesson every three days. Unsubscribe at any time.
I would rather attempt a dream and fail than to live not knowing and to die never having tried.”Jared Sasser
This is what was going through my mind in May 2018 as my wife and I and two of our daughters visited London and the England countryside. We fell in love with the history, architecture, culture, and beautiful accent. We visited the University of Oxford and even took a tour of the business school. I never imagined someone like myself being accepted to study at a school like Oxford, ranked as one of the best in the world. Yet, in the back of my mind, I wondered if it were possible.
After floating the crazy idea of applying to Oxford by my wife and counseling together how we would pay for it let alone manage it with heavy work and church responsibilities, I applied. I also applied at CEIBS in Shanghai, China, whose executive MBA program has been ranked in the top 5 in the world.
To my astonishment, I was accepted to both schools. I accepted Oxford’s offer to fulfill my dream and within two months of acceptance I flew to the UK to begin module #1. Everything happened so fast, and after 17 week-long modules over 24 months flying to the UK every 4-5 weeks and staying there for one week at a time, I completed my degree in 2020 in the midst of COVID-19.
What I Learned
- You and I can do more than we believe we can
- God is aware of us individually and can and does work miracles in our lives
- There are a lot of good people in the world, each with unique experiences, talents, and perspectives, and that we become better people by interacting and connecting with each other
- Oxford is magical!
- Married for 30+ years to the love of my life; four children, six grandchildren
- Managed business in 35+ countries
- Expertise in change leadership, strategy, organizational culture, alignment, continuous learning and improvement, and life and executive coaching
- MBA – University of Oxford; BA Philosophy – Brigham Young University
- Top 100 football player in the Chicago area; broke two 52 year old track records; pitched no-hitter
- Belief in, and faith in God, is foundational in my life